Getty Images

The coronavirus pandemic has once again caused a major sporting event to be postponed.

The trilogy fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder was set to go down on July 18 in Ls Vegas, Nevada.

But since “Sin City” is still currently on lockdown, promoter Bob Arum has decided to pull the plug for now.

Ra-Optics Ad

“We don’t know, we don’t know. Everybody has to relax and we’ll figure it out when we are getting near an all clear,” Arum told Talk Sport.

“To make plans now is counter-productive.”

As far as when the fight could go down, Arum says maybe in October.

“Because we don’t think it’s gonna be all cleared in July and, even if it is, people may be reluctant to come to Vegas to watch the fight.

“So right now we’re planning to do that fight in the fall, probably October.”

Of course, that’s assuming the COVID-19 pandemic has died down by then.

Fury knocked out Wilder just last month, so he has the confidence going into the third and final fight. When we get it, however, remains to be seen.

Please follow Mystic Mac on Instagram HERE

Also follow Mystic Mac on Facebook HERE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here